Thursday, January 19, 2006

Non Progress

Cover me where I fall-
dead drunk. Lest I become
a rock or some inanimate object
devoid of feeling or emotion.

I need to calm this restless spirit, so
I drink to dull the urge to run, and

I fear for my utter survival; For
I have made eternal enemies.

You- Jay, whom I once called brother,

now plot revenge for imagined transgressions.
Did you not think that I felt your pain
as I transverse this world in your shoes?

As for Noreen, time has not healed the
wounds your knife made as it pierced my flesh,
as I slept with your kiss still moist on my lips
in the coffin of our unsanctified bed.

Now, I go through the motions of the living;
I sleep, I rise, I eat, I work...
nothing disturbs the non-progress
my life is taking. I am the product
of an emotional holocaust.

The generic lack of inertia.

10 comments:

Becky said...

Go to poetry.com and look up Becky Sue Bell; my poetry from when I was younger, my favorite/best poem I ever wrote is "if tomorrow never comes."

Desireous said...

Intersting blog you've got here! I'll have to come back when I have more time and read more!

Hugs
Des

Gyrobo said...

I'm all confuzzled! Is this poetry? There's no rhyming scheme... but my poetic detection organs are showing... a false positive?

Prose! Of course! I can make prose...

Talking up a storm
in the dead of winter
or maybe in the summer.

Gyrobo said...

D'oh! Still not perfected...

Polyman2 said...

Hey Becky,
If it's yours-
I'm sure it's good!
I'll be sure check it out.

desireous,
do come back-
I'm glad to be of interest.

gyrobo-
what can I say;
there are round pegs/ round holes,
square pegs/ square holes,
and those pegs which
you just can't peg!
and I even got you thinking...
nice prose.
Thanks for stopping by.

t_cole said...

i feel this in my soul.
the angst. the pain. the betrayal.
keep writing
healing will come

DorianGray1854 said...

You should try your hand at writing an elegy.
Straight-jacket of a form but fun.

Polyman2 said...

Hi t,
your always so kind, but
I fear I am beyond healing.
For I bear my scars like
notches on a warrior's sword.

Dorian-
I will take your advice-
it sounds like a fasinating
topic.

and Jasmine,
my little water nymth,
you have made a big
splash in my heart.

Theresa said...

I've thought about this poem for a couple days. I still haven't thought of anything to say except I'm glad I read it. It touches me in that place of heavy darkness and paralyzing regret, not for what I've done, but for circumstances out of my control.

Polyman2 said...

Hi Theresa,
When I look back,
it still baffles me
how relationships can go so wrong,
especially when everyone seems to have the best intentions.