Friday, January 06, 2006

The urge

Polonius: What do you read my Lord?
Hamlet: Words, words, words.
(Shakespeare)

I have had the urge lately
to write more that
I've ever written before.

When I am
not writing,
I am thinking about writing.

and,
I have become a real fan of blogging-
I fear it's my new addiction.
Since this is my off season,
I am thrilled to have the time
to post and travel from blog to blog
at odd hours, both day and night.


I value all my cyberfriends
and sit in amazement,
laughter and sorrow at all
the details
of your lives
that are posted daily.

I especially
enjoy the ladies-
and yes; I do like to flirt (it's harmless)
and look forward to your visits
and I wish I could hug you all for stopping by.


But I can't,so instead
I take sustenance
with
your thoughts and words,

and the day-to-dayness of your lives
and applaud the unique urge that spurs you on
and compels you
to write.

13 comments:

Theresa said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere where you're free to wander from neighborhood to neighborhood, befriend people you might never meet in the flesh-&-blood world, participate in lively discussions & debates, collude with like-minded individuals, lurk as a voyeur ... and even fall in love.
You're a wonderful addition. Glad to have you around.

Newsandseduction said...

So true! can not be said better!

Polyman2 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Polyman2 said...

Theresa,
Meeting you
was one of
the highlights of
my blogging experience.
You are a true
human being,
a very lovely
woman and quite
a prolific writer.

Thank you
for being
a freind.


...and thanks to you
newsandeducation
for your kindness.

wmy said...

Yep, what she said! LOL...Here is a big sloppy cyber kiss coming your way...muuuuaaaaaahhhhhh!

Theresa said...

You're most welcome.
I've been meaning to ask you, is "Polyman" a reference to polyamory?

Polyman2 said...

Ohhhhh,
When the moon hits
your eye like a
big pizza pie
that's Amore...

wmy:
muuuaaaahhhh!
that was good,
may I please
have another.

Theresa,
Love oozes out
of every pixel
of my monitor...
Polyman2 is an
instrument of
pure animal proclivity.

SignGurl said...

This blog confuses me but I'll send you a giant lick and a kiss anyway.

Polyman2 said...

Well hello signgurl (jenn),
I'll take
that giant lick and kiss
and oooooh it feels so good!
I'm so glad
you came by.

As far as the confusion goes,
yes, I admit- it's a bit hodge podge,
but it makes me happy to get all this out- I hate a cluttered brain.

And Hey Mike-
I'll settle
for an interesting-
that's far better than sucks.
Thanks for the stopover.

Becky said...

*big hugs* I fear i've become a blog addict as well, that's what happens when you have an office job!

p.s. Truth or Dare Monday on my blog, we'll see how the turn out is....

Big Pissy said...

I agree with Theresa completely.

and wmy.

and Jenn~ the confusing part.
Not the giant lick and kiss part. I don't know you that well yet :)

I think you may be too "highbrow" for me to always understand~but you ARE interesting!

Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be back to check your's out :)

starbender said...

I know it has become my addiction!
:o

Polyman2 said...

Well hello Big Pissy,
good to see ya!
What, no lick or kiss?
How bout just a cyber-handhold
to start, then
maybe some light cyber-petting
till we get to know each other...

Starbender & Becky,
...but it's a freindly
addiction, that doesn't
leave you smelly or hurting
the next day.