Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A-Z Tag , All about mwa

I've been tagged by Becky
(Bless her heart, she had faith in me)

Accent: Long Island, NY ish or so they say.

Booze of choice: Dewers Scotch. I've just developed a taste for it. Had it on the rocks at a Xmas party and the taste reminded me of something. Finally remembered; my mom used to dab it on my teeth when I was a little teething Poly.

Chore I hate: Raking leaves.

Dog or cat: Dog.

Essential electronics: Car radio/CD, House radio/CD, Ipod, Computer!!!!

Favorite cologne: Just a light after shave cream from the Dead Sea, or whatever hasn't gone bad in my cabinet from disuse when I go out. Something manly smelling.


Gold or silver: Silver.

Hometown: East Islip, LI, NY: Have lived all over NY State. Once- 11 places in 10 years.

Insomnia?: From time to time. Had it bad when I was running my own Co. A few yrs back.

Job Title: Present- Branch Manager for irrigation and landscape lighting store.
I was a busy night club & party DJ for 20 years while working in electronic parts sales during the day. Ran my own Electronic Parts Company for 8 years, then closed it after 9/11 with $400,000 in the red & paying it off.

Kids: Girl 12, boy 7. Maybe a few more scattered about NY from earlier carnal encounters.

Living arrangement: Own own house with 1/2 acre property butted by woods.
LI sound, 2 blocks away.

Most admired trait(s): My sense of humor, green eyes, nice hair, Gemini personality.

Like people.

Number of sexual partners: Only my wife for 20 years. Many, in between marriages.

Overnight hospital stays: none.

Phobia: Unruly crowds. Fear of being unwanted.

Quote: "Your never alone with a Gemini", and

"when you think you have them eating out of your hand- count your fingers".

Religion: Grew up unbaptized, father Italian catholic who lost his religion during WWII, mother German/Russian Jew made up her own religion as she went along.
I studied Catholicism, Jehovah witness, Hare christna, but got baptized a Methodist so Mrs P & I could get married in a church. (My first was in a park under a big tree).
I believe in the light that is the spark of life, and nature holds the key to the creator.

Siblings: 1 older and 1 younger sister.

Time I wake up: 5:00AM

Unusual talent/skill: They say I write well. Have McGiver type creative survival skills,

and I am good with my tongue.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Brussel Sprouts.

Worst habit: I am a nail biter, even though lately I prefer tearing up my cuticles.

X-Rays: When a boy- every other month. Had scrapes, sprains, tears, broken bones, concussions.

Yummy foods I make: Spanish Orrios Compio, any egg dish. A spicy sauce.

Zodiac sign: Do you need to ask? Gemini to the "T".


Now I'm suppose to tag some people:

icecoldcoke

Morbid misanthrope, oh yeah-
starbender
























23 comments:

Nick Zegarac said...

Okay, nail biting not so bad. Interesting insight into your character. You're quite a character. Glad to know yah!

Mystical Me said...

I was MIA, But I m back now!! I hope all is well! Take care, MM XOXO

jin said...

The most interesting & intelligently answered 'tag' I've read yet.

I can sympathize with the business ownership debt. If I may ask, are you happier now that you are out of it? Also, if you could go back: would you have the business again?

Happy Wednesday :-)

morbid misanthrope said...

I've been tagged, eh? I'll try to do it over the weekend. Work is kicking my ass, so it will be nice to write something I barely have to think about.

By the way, Dewar's is good, but I usually drink Glenfiddich.

L said...

Glad to get to know you a little more.
I am a weird one I love brussel sprouts.

starbender said...

Tagged??? Thanx!
I post in such secrecy, U little S#%T! Now I will have 2 work on this 4 today~~~Lucky 4 me, I'm up early! I do this cuz I like U!
;]

Becky said...

A Gemini huh?! The twins, so you have two different personalities? My sister is a Gemini too, but I don't like either of her personalities, lol. I like both of yours. 8-)

Polyman2 said...

OK- Here I am...

Nurse,
For what it's worth, Thanks.

Hey Nick,
Thanks for stopping by.

Mystical- Did miss ya!
I'm fine now that your back in a bikini.

Hi Jin- Why I thank you very much for the kind words.
My debt is a 500 pound gorilla on my back. Got 3 years left.
I am so happy to leave electronics behind- what I do now is so much more rewarding.
I started the bus. in a spare room
in my house and grew it to where I bought a building and had employees. If I could do it over I'd probably keep it small in the house.

Hi Lisa- I got to get to your spot.

Morbid: TAGGED! Don't they do that to livestock? Can't wait to hear your story.

Lori,
Nice to know you too.

ice- Hey man- can't keep you a secret! Down with Brussel Sprouts!
They did a number on you, hah?

Star- your another one that is the
blogs best kept secret...I want the cyber-world to know ALL about you...cause I like you.

lady- well, there's still some things I'll never tell.

Shannon- your so nice, if you were here I'd give you a great big Poly-hug. As a Gemini, I am so interested in everything that it's hard to stay focused, but once I am-I dive in completely.
PS. Brussel Sprouts Suck!

Becky- I am multi facetted. I think my positives far outweigh my negatives...and I like you!

ZooooM said...

I'm a gemini as well. Had a friend of a boyfriend (female) ask me my sign. when I said gemini, she said "OH. I hate geminis." FINE BY ME!

Mone said...

I'm a nail biter too and I dont like it a bit.

starbender said...

I get here 2 early! I'm gonna have to clear some of my afternoon time to come read "new" posts. Always a day late and a dollar short!tehee. Out of my 3 children that I birth'd, 2 of them are Gemini!!! Talk about a handful! It was like having 5 with just them, not 2 mention the 2 step-kiddies. Hey~the more the merrier!!!
:o
Thanx 4 all of u'r kind words!

Polyman2 said...

Zooom- Thats OK, sometimes I hate me.

Le Chitelier- Not that I was a gigilo, but I was never without a girlfriend when I was younger and no relationship lasted longer than 3 months. When it did I married her, and that lasted 4 years-There.

Mona- I'm working on a cuticle this very moment as I write this-
it will be a bloody mess shortly.

Star- This is my busy busy season now in irrigation- I tried all day to get to my blog- it is now 4:25-
and I'm just getting to reply- so you didn't miss anything.
2 Gemini kids- Ahhhhh, run away!

Capt.- Silver bling, silver bling,
soon it will be Poly's b'day...

Video,
This was fun- Like I said before;
It's like confession, only more serious.
I started on the cuticle about 15 minutes ago, now it is killing me.
I think nail/cuticle biting is a form of masocism. I hate doing it-but I can't stop.

Lee Ann said...

I hate raking leaves too, one weekend my dad made me give up my football tickets I had when I was in college to come home and rake leaves...grrrr!
Sounds like you have a great unusual talent/skill ;)
Brussel sprouts, I used to not like them as a kid, but now, if they are cooked just right, they are delicious!
oh....I bet you do smell good!

Polyman2 said...

Le Chitelier,
Inquiring minds need to know.

Lee Ann,
Thanks, It's hard to smell nice in a stinky world, but I try.

Mystical Me said...

Just stopping by to say hi & show you some love. (((HUG)))!! Take care sweety, MM XOXO

JLee said...

we have a lot in common! except the being male part...and the Gemini part...and...ah forget it.

Polyman2 said...

mystical,
always thrilled when you stop by.

Jlee,
I know what you mean, and I'm honored to know you.

Fuckkit said...

"when you think you have them eating out of your hand- count your fingers"

Loving that quote :)

starbender said...

Ya know, I was just thinking, what a view, hanging off of that cliff like that!
;]

Theresa said...

Not surprised at all to hear you're a Gemini.

Polyman2 said...

fuckkit,
Been saying tht quote for 25 years.

star-
you know that's not me and my fear of heights-
I just like the cliffhanger connotation.

Theresa-
All my personalities say, HI.

Lucy Stern said...

Well, I love brussel sprouts.

My husband grew up in Levittown, LI.

I don't drink, never wanted to.

Does you wife read your blog?

Polyman2 said...

hi lucy, I work about 10 min. from Levittown, does he miss it?
Mrs Poly really has no interest in my blog, and that's cool.
It's funny, I grew up in a dry house, but once I turned 15 Bam!
drank everything in sight. Now I'm a bit more sophisticated. Hah!